Monday, August 24, 2009

Standing on the shoulders of my sister

Last night when I was talking to my sister we were joking around about having massages/facials when I go to N.Y. in two weeks. (We won't do it, but we were just talking about it.) So my sister said that every time she goes for a massage, the masseuse tells her to relax her body and relax her shoulders. She returns with,"But I am relaxed." The masseuse tells her she's not relaxed enough. Which is one of the reasons I never have massages, because I can't stand some bitty telling me to relax. My first date told me to relax, my friends tell me to relax, my co-workers have always told me to relax etc. Hey everyone, this is it. I don't get any more relaxed than how you see me. My state of being is perpetual fluctuation and that's the way it is. It's inherited! So I added to my sister's comments that every time I have a new grandchild and one of my kids takes a picture of me holding the new baby, my shoulders are never "at ease." They're always up by my ears. It's pretty funny to see in pictures. You'd think that after giving birth to 3 kids and having 4 grandchildren, that my shoulders wouldn't be standing at attention anymore.

No comments: