Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The case of the maiden name saga

Last night I decided, after 4 weeks of deliberation, that I was going to fly up next weekend to be part of my 2nd son's 40th birthday celebration. His band was going to perform and how could I miss this important event? It was only about $30 or $40 more to fly than to take that nasty 6 1/2 hour trip by car.

So this time (see blog: American Airtimes) I was sure I could easily get my tickets 123 and not have to call Southwest for any help. And now that my sister has recently admitted that I'm much faster on the computer than she is, (I spent a few days with her last week and proved my computer proficiency to her)I had the absolute confidence that I could execute the tickets with much facility. And I did. No problema. Got done, paid the ticket and went to my email to see the confirmation etc. Only guess what? The email came addressed to me but with my maiden name on the ticket as the passenger! What was I thinking when I booked these tickets? You know you can't use someone else's boarding pass other than the one that matches up with your driver's license? There's no changing anything on line once the tickets are paid for. I quickly went through all my expired passports and found my very 1st one (when I was 17.) It showed my 1st name, middle name and maiden name. Then I went to my present one which has my 1st name, middle name and married last name. For sure Security would believe how legit this was since my driver's license also has my birth date on it. Well, all I can say is "Oy!" None of this left me feeling too comfortable about the situation at hand. So I called Southwest Airlines and explained the circumstance. (Of course I waited for 20 minutes for someone to pick up at Southwest at 10:00 p.m..) The agent was wonderful, saw that the prices hadn't changed in the last 30 minutes, cancelled my 1st booking, cut and pasted it to the next booking and smartly used my correct name of the last 45 years. Stay tuned for the next airlines saga. Maybe I'll get it right by then.

4 comments:

Susie Lubell said...

good one ma.

LKT said...

The best blogging I have ever read. It must be comming up Rosie...Can't wait for more...sis

Everything's Rosie said...

Thanks sister. A very cute pun on words, for sure.

aimee said...

i am so glad you stopped by! your comment made my day and i think it's just excellent that you and your fabulous daughter blog together!